Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'AFD-5529'.
If you create a document with a placement preference of Prefer Linked, the Affinity applications work as follows when you "Place" files from the Stock panel: For raster images, the image is Embedded, ignoring the "Prefer Linked" preference. This may be unexpected, but it works. For vector images, the image is Linked. This obeys the "Prefer Linked" preference. However, the "link" is to a file stored in the user's Affinity temp directory. The next time the application is closed and restarted, that directory is emptied, and the linked file is lost. When the user subsequently reopens the Affinity document, they will have to find that file again. Vector Stock images should behave like raster Stock images, and become embedded. Note: This discovery arose from investigations in another topic, where an email response by Serif suggested that the user should be aware this could happen, and instead use Prefer Embedded. See: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/191437-managing-resources-question/&do=findComment&comment=1121574 However, as raster and vector Stock images behave differently, I prefer to think that the handling for vector is simply broken, and should be fixed.
Saw a thread on this in AD, but the person said it was solved, all on it's own (no actual fix). However, in APub 2.0.4, a few days ago I had added a couple vector images from Pixelbay. My prefs for the document were to have Linked resources. After adding the images, never bothered to look at Resource Manager, just kept working on the doc. Over the last several days, have done several Sleeps with this MBP. This morning I was going to export a pdf but preflight said I had missing resources. Sure enough, as reported in that other thread, the vector images from Pixelbay were shown in Resource Manager as "Linked" but missing. Never seen this happen in all v1 versions of APub, so something new! IIRC, any images brought in through the Stock panel were always brought in as embedded no matter what the doc prefs were. I ended up having to relocate the images in Stock/Pixelbay, drag them in, then go into Resource Manager and change them from linked to embedded. Gotta be a bug.