Hi I just want to share some icon assets i made using free icons. Included in this pack. All icons are searchable.
Game Icons: http://game-icons.net
Gnome Symbolic Icons: https://github.com/GNOME/gnome-icon-theme-symbolic
Ionic Icons: https://github.com/driftyco/ionicons
Material Design Icons: https://materialdesignicons.com
Material Icons: https://github.com/google/material-design-icons
Updated Game Icons, Hawcons, iconsmoon & Material Design Icons to the latest version;
Bonus: added a Golden Ratio Asset;
Changed default icon color;
Fixed wrong material icons symbols;
Added Entypo+, Icomoon and Typicons;
Updated Material Design Icons;
I needed the same thing for web mockups, decided to tackle it for myself. The problem between Affinity Designer vs. those tools is that those allow for multiple shadows to be layered onto each other on a single layer, whereas Designer only allows for one outer shadow on each layer.
I was able to approximate most of the elevation shadows, though a few were too close to others to worry about much (1dp and 2dp for example), seeing as I made this for mock-ups anyway I didn't think that'd be a big problem. They're definitely not the most accurate but can be good for getting a concept out
Hi, I've been working on som assets and documents for material design in Affinity designer.
The Icon assets are the original SVG downloaded from https://material.io/icons/ and are all in 24x24 px (I will try to update this when there is new icons).
I've also started to make a document that is a copy of te dokument that Sketch uses (This is not done but I would like feedback on what to improve)
I started publishing the series. Since the pilots all fell between 10 and 15 May. But then, of course, people with more historical knowledge than me pointed out some facts and I found new uniform references. So even though half of them are finished now they still need tweaks here and there. Luckily that's no problem for AF
So impressed with AD....had to resort to embedded files with this one but handled 1000's of vector objects brilliantly..
Again based on a sketch from 2017 Inktober Project
420 x 200 mm 300dpi
You can see which standards Adobe has set in terms of price. Everyone thinks that a good program must cost 1000 euros. However, Adobe's prices do not arise from the utility value, but from the maximum possible exchange value. In other words, Adobe takes what they can get and not what the software is really worth. Just a small example: When Photoshop was still sold, the price in Germany was always twice as high as in North America. No one here understood that. The anger about Adobe was already there before the subscription model.
Our ability to produce professional software is somewhat governed by income from those products. Income for us is calculated by copies x price and our current price point is simply designed to produce the greatest income. Increasing the cost of the product will not increase our ability to make competitive PRO software.
Serif have obviously done the arithmetic and come to the conclusion that they can do exactly that. If they're able to sell (say) half a million copies at 50 bucks apiece, they'd be crazy to double the price and risk only being able to sell a fifth as many copies.
We are pleased to announce the Windows release of Affinity Photo, version 1.6.4
The change-list is as follows:
- All new shadows / highlights algorithm for Develop.
- Develop clarity improvements.
- Improved input smoothing for all tools.
- Improved Perlin Noise filter.
- Transparent TGA import support.
- Many improvements to batch processing.
- PSD, PDF import / export improvements.
- Significant Photoshop plugin support improvements.
- Fixed inability to export transparent PNG, TIFF, etc.
- Fixed slow Lens Blur, Depth of Field blur issues.
- Fixed Depth of Field blur progress / slowness issues.
- Fixed sporadic hanging when opening many image files at once.
- Restored ability of marquee tools to snap.
- Fixed crashing bug when exporting certain large PSDs.
- Added special case PSD import code for “SketchClub” PSD files (they should fix this!).
- Fixed Text Styles panel to show the document defaults when no text is selected
- Changed Layers panel to add more distinction between clipped and nested layers
- Fixed document DPI showing a decimal place in some situations
- Fixed reset of user workspace when new panels have been added
- Fixed newly created Text Styles being applied twice to a text frame on creation
- Fixed vector export (including PDF) taking a long time due to large clip areas
- Fixed Fit/Shrink to printable does not fit to printer margins
- Fixed 2nd Print has a zero size document in printer dialog
- Fixed being unable to move the Greyness node in Layer Effects > Colour Overlay
- Fixed colour node appearing on the Colour panel
- Fixed hit testing on floating window edges to make it easier to resize windows
- Fixed closing a floating window through the taskbar closing the application (a side-effect of this change is that Alt+F4 on a floating window will now just close that window, not the app)
- Fixed View Mode menu item incorrectly exposed in Affinity Photo Export Persona
- Fixed double clicking View Tool is not consistent between Personas
- Fixed crash when making a gradient document fill global
- Improved performance when History and Layers panel are visible
- Fixed PDF Export for some documents
- Added bottom right resize grip corner to floating document windows
- Added Float, Float All, Dock and Dock All commands to Window menu
- Fixed Adjustment panels appearing at an invalid location if the panel was closed on a monitor which is then subsequently unplugged
- Fixed metadata not loading for unicode paths opened via drag and drop
- Fixed failure to close down due to waiting for invalid files to finish opening
- Fixed Text Styles panel to reflect the document defaults when no text is selected
- Fixed Layers panel to add more distinction between clipped and nested layers
- Fixed document DPI showing decimal places
- Fixed Workspaces getting reset when new panels are added in updates
- Fixed vector export of clips on rasterised items
- Fixed Fit/Shrink to printable not fitting to printer margins
- Fixed second Print having a zero size document in printer dialog
- Fixed fonts being rejected if they had a space in their Postscript name
- Fixed being unable to move the Greyness node in Layer Effects > Colour Overlay
- Fixed Spacebar not changing cursor to hand when in Develop
- Improved resizing of floating document windows
- Fixed closing a floating window through the taskbar closes the app
- Fixed Alignment Editor applying a second time when clicking away via a direct new selection
- Changed 'Arrange' button text to be 'Alignment'
- Fixed being unable to adjust custom wet edges spline
- Fixed sporadic hanging when opening many image files at once
- Fixed Pixelmator PSD text import
- Attempt to support fonts with truncated type 4 tables (e.g. Serpentine)
- Fixed text frame auto-resizing not working with a single character
- Added support for fonts that substitute spaces, eg Nyala
- Fixed Liquify Brush panel size slider limited to 1024px
- Fixed brush selection is not retained after duplicating brush
- Fixed changing brush tip is not always initially accepted
- Fixed inability to export transparent PNG, TIFF, etc
- Fixed Fill Noise not applied when filling with Custom colour, Primary and Secondary colours etc
- Fixed Colour Chooser not correctly switching to match the selected colour
- Fixed tool shortcuts ignore modifier keys
- Fixed Text Styles showing wrong units for Justification options
- Fixed Tab Stop units not auto updating with document units
- Fixed Text Style dialog missing the [No Change] behaviour for the Tab Stop table
- Fixed drag and drop from IrfanView not accepting file items into the document as new layers
- Fixed exporting multiple documents
- Fixed when a colour is removed, the Opacity/Noise slider is not disabled
- Fixed floating windows starting off-screen when monitor is disconnected
- Fixed layer folder icon not initially updating
- Fixed floating windows appearing on the incorrect taskbar
- Fixed text not being drawn after power duplicate
- Fixed rare instances of being unable to select text
- Fixed a couple of instances where the colour wheel wouldn't update properly
- Fixed unable to select a second swatch for bevel and emboss highlight and shadows
- Use different icon for Arrange/Alignment
- Fixed unusable transparent area left after cropping with New View
- Fixed parallel batch builds
- Fixed Live Dust and Scratches filter slider resetting to zero when dragging
- Fixed crash when moving live denoise filter in Layers panel
- Fixed popup closing when dragging an export token
- Extended Develop Clarity range (-100 to 100)
- Fixed Depth of Field Blur Vibrance property only allowing values of 0% or 100%
- Improved loading of Canon EOS 6D Mark II files so they are less purple
- Fixed creating an analogous colour chord does not add the correct swatches
- Fixed Colour picker loupe not displaying on second monitor
- Fixed Panel groups do not revert size when dragged in and out of other groups
- Fixed Document Setup does not reflect or change current "Actual Size" Zoom for "Web" type documents
- Numerous other fixes and stability improvements.
Please do not post bugs or problems that you find when using this version of the software in this thread, instead make a new thread in the Bugs on Windows section
Free Neon Elements you can use them conveniently thanks to the assets panel .afassets file included.
You can use it in both personal and commercial projects for yourself, your company or your customer.
hope it will be useful for you
Download it from here http://www.affinitytemplates.com/neon-kit-resources-for-affinity-designer/
I just wanted to share a list of Free for Commercial Use Fonts. This is a curated[*] list of some of the best freely available Fonts out there. The criteria I had in order to come up with this list:
They have to be either Free or Open Source Fonts.
They can be used in commercial projects (some restrictions may vary from Font to Font, so be sure to read first). I made my best to ensure this point, but I could be wrong and I'd be more that happy if you let me know if I made a mistake.
No attribution required.
In some cases (Serif and Sans Serif), they have to have more than two weights (at least one italic included).
Support for Spanish characters like Á, Ü, ¿¡!?, Ññ (since I speak Spanish, this was mandatory, but there are many more good Fonts that don't cover this criteria).
[*] I have basic knowledge about typography, but I have read reviews from well educated people in order to ensure quality.
Well, here it is the list. As you can see, they are grouped by classification, and a general one in that regard. Some of the Serif and Sans Serif fonts were included in "Headlines" because they had one weight or they had no italics/oblique.
[UPDATE] Added notes on some cases, like what the Font can be an alternative of.
[Alternative To: Alright Sans]
Cooper Hewitt [If you find this Family on Font Squirrel or somewhere else, don't download it!. It has some errors that were corrected in the version I linked to]
[Alternative To: DIN]
[Alternative To: FF Meta]
Fira Sans Condensed
Fira Sans Extra Condensed
[Alternative To: Helvetica]
[Alternative To: Univers]
[Alternative To: Futura]
[Alternative To: Apercu]
IBM Plex Sans
IBM Plex Sans Condensed
[Alternative To: SF Pro Text] [Currently under active development]
[Alternative To: Trade Gothic, Franklin Gothic]
[Alternative To: Gotham, Proxima Nova]
[Alternative To: Gotham, Proxima Nova, Pluto Sans] [Recently there was a discussion because they made major changes to the previous verion and some Websites suffered because of that]
[Alternative To: Century Gothic, Futura, Sofia Pro]
Nimbus Sans L
[Alternative To: Helvetica, Activ Grotesk] [This one is almost identical to FreeSans, base on Nimbus by URW++]
[Alternative To: Avenir, Univers, Corbel]
[Alternative To: Futura, Gilroy]
[Alternative To: Myriad Pro, Segoe UI]
[Alternative To: Nexa, Averta]
[Alternative To: Avenir]
[Based on Libre Franklin]
[Alternative To: Museo Sans]
[Alternative To: Futura]
https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/jost [Just type a 0 in Amount (in USD) to download for free] https://indestructibletype.com/BuyJost.html
[Alternative To: FF DIN]
[Alternative To: FF DIN]
Source Sans Pro
[Alternative To: Adelle Sans, Alright Sans]
TeX Gyre Adventor
[Alternative To: ITC Avant Garde Gothic, Century Gothic] [It's indeed ITC Avant Garde Gothic, some history on the link]
TeX Gyre Heros
[Alternative To: Helvetica] [Based on Nimbus Sans L, some history on the link]
[Alternative To: Uni Sans]
Universalis ADF Std
[Alternative To: Futura]
Woodford Bourne [6 weights are free]
In the past I (and others reported) had some corrupted files, especially I had for example a crash at program start because of a corrupted AppData-Affinity-Folder, that later turned out to be a corrupt assets.propcol file.
I don't have the broken files any longer, but I was thinking about a way of recovering data out of such corrupt files.
Is there already a tool or command line switch or other way to try to recover such files?
If I think I would manage all my assets and brushes in those files and out of a sudden it get's unusable for the Affinity program, I would go crazy.
It would be good to have a tool that could try to read the file and try to recover as much as it could and write a new file with all that could be recovered (keeping and not writing to the corrupt file of course).
Maybe rewriting header or stuff like that, or if it can't detect the file from the file itself, that someone can say, hey this was an assets.propcol file for example and then it tries to recreate it.
The more I use AP the more I find odd little anomalies which seem in some ways a bit strange. In particular, you can't seem to arrange the brush list in an alphabetical order and there is no ability to create folders where you can sit specific brush categories, ie all smoke brushes in one folder, all fog brushes in another, etc, you get the picture. It would make selection of brushes more logical and quicker to locate and eliminate the need to scroll through a long list when you have a comprehensive list of brushes. Because of some creative restrictions I find currently present in AP, I find myself split working half the time in Photoshop and AP so it may be I have yet to discover ways to improve things in AP. Maybe this small but important issue could be addressed soon in order to make the UI workflow process easier. The goal for me is to jump fully over to AP but until AP can progress further and plug some of these workflow issues and include some of the creative tools I need to refer to on a daily basis, I will still have to revert back to Photoshop on occasion. The AP dev team are doing a great job, just need to iron out some of these workflow issues which I'm sure they will. I see a lot of negative, and perhaps unnecessary Facebook style comments on this forum of Affinity (Serif) but rest assured, I am with you all the way and only wish to give constructive feedback that hopefully helps to make a very good product even better.
I think you should like to know that i have added 3 more pixel persona brushes to the collection.
Please re-download the file in the 1st post.
Thanks for your support.
I've made some brushes for the upcoming Valentines day and i would like to share them with you all.
Please feel free to use them as you like. Commercial use too.
They have 5 Draw persona brushes (Designer only) and 4 (Pattern) Pixel Persona Brushes you can use in Photo too.
This is the first time i'm sharing something so... Please let me know what do you think.
Update 31/01/2018 - 3 New Pixel Persona Brushes added - Please re-download.
Thank you all for your kind words!