It kinda kills the flow completely whenever I illustrate using Affinity Designer. I need the color picker on a modifier key like OPT when combined with vector generating tools. I need to be able to pick a color and immediately create the next stroke using the newly picked color.
OPT for outline color, Shift+OPT to set fill color. The keys must be pressed before starting a new vector, with the pen still in the air (or mouse button not pressed) - with the picker active, touching the canvas will pick a color, not create a shape.
Purpose: Improvements, Features, Fixes
Status: Release Candidate
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer
Mac App Store: Not submitted
Download: https://s3.amazonaws...stomer Beta.dmg
We intend to update the currently available Mac App Store product in the near future and will produce the binary for this from the current beta. We feel that we have added a great many new features and bug fixes and would like to get these into the hands of the majority of our customers. We are aware that not every bug has been fixed but we have to commit to updating the App Store version as long as we are not introducing any regressions in functionality or usability. For now, our focus must be on making sure the features included in this release candidate build are as stable and robust as possible, so we will not be adding any new features until we have released this version. We would appreciate it greatly if you are able to spend some time looking at this release candidate version and thoroughly testing it, letting us know any issues that you are having with it so we can prioritise our time to tend to as much as possible.
To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.
Documents made in this version will not be openable in older versions of Affinity Designer. This change was necessary in order to ensure a consistent baseline for our file format for the Affinity Photo Beta. When we update the Mac App Store version it will upgrade to this new archive version number too so will not be an issue in the future.
Improvements, Features, Fixes
- Improved Corner Tool UI, plus miscellaneous bug fixes
- Improved Ctrl+Option drag-resizing in the brush tools
- View Tool and Zoom Tool double-click behaviours added (zoom to fit and zoom to 100%, respectively)
- Introduced top-level ‘Text’ menu item, which replaces the old ‘Format’ menu and removed vector-related operations from the menus in Pixel Persona
- Added the ability to Save/Revert document defaults
- Fix for ‘None’, ‘Black’ and ‘White’ fill not working on the swatches page in the fill flyout
- PDF import now supports multitone bitmaps with an arbitrary number of channels
- Floating studio panels now have a close button
- Increased contrast of the view tab’s close button when multiple documents are open
- Performance improvements for Path Text
- Paragraph Leading is now available on the text context toolbar
- Fix for moving objects after nudging them causing the wrong results
- Starting to fix localised strings not fitting in some panels - still more to do…
- Improved Freehand import
- Fix for SVG export not correctly exporting simple lines
- Fix for vector export
- Fix for changing presets in Document Setup not correctly setting DPI and retina checkbox
- Fix for some adjustments going wrong in CMYK
- Miscellaneous other fixes and improvements
I've never seen this in any vector draw program... selecting a branch point with Affinity Designer's node tool would provide the user with the option to produce a path that branches out of the existing path while remaining a part of it (i.e. if you select the main path the branch is automatically selected also)... the branch point spawns a fork in the existing path such that the forked segment of the path automatically inherits all attributes of the path from which it sprouts... color, thickness, dash style, etc... I think something like this could be genuinely beneficial in a variety of use cases and would be a key differentiator for AD...
I think the colour picker tool is a bit of a hastle when dragging out then selecting, would be much better to have a colour picker like illustrator where you could just tap a shortcut and copy the colour with ease,