You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Alfred

Members
Profile Information

• Member Title
    Dədicɐtəd Usər

Recent Profile Visitors

25,582 profile views
  1. That sounds like a concise description of Quick Mask mode.
  2. I’m confused, not that it takes much! In your original post you wrote that you last worked on the file in 2020, but you obviously couldn’t have worked on it way back then if it was only created in 2023.
  3. What kind of brush did you use? I’m not actually convinced that you need to use a brush at all here. If you draw a solid line with the Pen Tool, duplicate it, make the duplicate dashed and pale instead of solid and black, and then move it up/down and sideways, you end up with something like this:
  4. In other words, more vector tools and more vector tools! I’d like to see these, too. And not only simplify/smooth, but also roughen. Vector patterns would be the icing on the cake. A Dimension Tool has frequently been requested, and we’re already halfway there with the Measure Tool: I’m sure that many of us would love to see this taken to its logical conclusion. And I’m equally sure that a Connector Tool would be widely welcomed, too.
  5. Yes, you do need to ask (by sending an email to dataprotection@serif.com from the email account associated with your forum account). And no, your posts aren’t automatically deleted. I hope @BofG doesn’t edit out any post content or ask for posts to be deleted, because there’s lots of useful and/or interesting stuff that would deplete or even break many threads if removed.
  6. I’ve seen Ashley Hewson referred to as the CEO (rather than the MD) in several places over the past couple of days.
  7. This sounds like a variation on the age-old problem of some characters in an exported PDF file being incorrect if the default ‘Subset fonts’ is switched on. The ‘tt’ pair is included as a ligature in many fonts (including Outfit) but font subsetting only sees the ‘t’, so ‘tt’ and other ligatures are omitted from the exported PDF file. If you switch off ‘Subset fonts’, the entire font will be embedded in the PDF file (making it much bigger, but ensuring that any ligatures will be displayed correctly).
  8. You’re welcome, @Gokhan Eser. I’m afraid I’m not sure how much of such things you would lose. I’ve only ever bothered to be careful about custom brushes, palettes, styles, etc.
  9. I’ve got the file now, Jack. I see you discovered that it was much too big to send by email. (Anything bigger than 5 or 10 MB is quite likely to be too big. There are probably still some mail systems that won’t accept attachments bigger than 2 MB.) Please edit your post to remove the plain text version of my email addy. I’d rather not receive more spam than absolutely necessary!
  10. Well, not quite nothing. Version 1 can’t open files saved from version 2, so it’s important to work on a copy of the file if you want to retain the ability to open the original file in the older version.
  11. What was different about your second attempt? I would have thought that you either qualify or you don’t!
  12. Your question really belongs here rather than on the Affinity Forums, Jack, but if you attach it to an email and send it to serif[at]punster[dot]me I’d be happy to convert it to your preferred file format.
  13. Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @CJGould. Reopen the document in Publisher, select the text frame and then go to the Text Frame panel and set the fill to ‘None’. If new text frames are still being created with an unwanted fill, select an errant text frame and choose ‘Defaults > Revert’ from the Edit menu. If that doesn't work, try ‘Edit > Defaults > Factory Reset’.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.