You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

GarryP

Members
  • Last visited

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

9,342 profile views
  1. In case anyone is interested, attached are four videos, each showing a different (sometimes quicker) method to create the initial shape used in the OP’s video: Shape Builder (Hint: press Enter to accept the selection); Quick Grid (Hint: keep Shift held down to constraint proportions while pressing arrow keys to create duplicates); Quick Shapes (Ellipse and Polygon); Quick Shapes (two Rounded Rectangles). There will be other ways for you to find for yourself. 2024-04-25 12-42-39.mp4 2024-04-25 12-48-46.mp4 2024-04-25 12-49-29.mp4 2024-04-25 12-53-57.mp4
  2. You’re welcome. Just out of interest, and for anyone else wanting to do the same sort of thing, which approach did you find most useful?
  3. Welcome to the forums @Amduee These forums are for the Affinity suite of applications. Have you use any of the Affinity applications to design your web pages? The nearest you can probably get to a responsive layout with the Affinity suite is by using Constraints (in Designer only) but that probably won’t do most of what you want. While you can use the Affinity applications to design static web pages, none of them is (in my opinion) ideal for anything more complex than that. I would recommend using an application/service that was specifically designed for that sort of thing.
  4. What is the context within which the ‘don’t ask again’ would apply? Only for this document until I close and re-open it and then start asking again? Only for this document but every time I open it? For this document and every document I open/create in this application session but go back to asking the next time I launch the application? For this document and every document I open/create from this point on, whether I have closed the application or not, until I change the setting? Or something else? Also, I’m curious as to what kind of workflow you have that deleting Artboards is such a common occurrence that this would be useful.
  5. This thread is about global layers. Those issues you mentioned should be addressed in one or more different threads so that the discussions don’t get mixed up together.
  6. I think a good answer would depend on which six levels of grey and which colours/tints relate to which of those levels. In the meantime, you could add a Posterise Adjustment (with 6 levels) and a Black & White Adjustment to the image/layer – see attached image.
  7. I think the limitation is simply that encoding=’ascii’ isn’t yet supported, either partially or wholly. Serif don’t usually supply us with timelines for fixes, changes, or new functionalities: all we can do is wait and see.
  8. It’s unlikely that this will be fixed in V1 so, while the developers can look at it to try and make sure that it doesn’t happen in V2, you are probably stuck with the problem while continuing to use V1, unless you can figure out a way to get round it happening. If you can come up with a reliably repeatable workflow that the developers can follow to replicate the problem then that might be useful for diagnostic purposes.
  9. This is related to known issue AFD-5595 I believe: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/search/&tags=AFD-5595
  10. Welcome to the forums @MikeDD That functionality, if I’m remembering it correctly, was changed/merged into the newer Auto-select functionality. It can be a bit tricky to understand how it works so some experimentation might be necessary. There are explanations in the forums so a search for auto-select might help.
  11. In addition to the advice above, when you have a Frame Text layer selected, the Colour Panel, Swatches Panel and the Stroke Panel affect the text inside the layer, not the layer itself which, as has been said, is controlled by the Text Frame Panel. If you had any text in the layer you would have seen the colour change. It’s very easy to be confused by this at first but you get used to it after a little while. Note: You can tell that you have a Frame Text layer selected if the blue selection/bounding box has an extra little handle at the bottom right just off the corner of the usual bottom-right handle.
  12. You might like to try the Freehand Selection Tool, setting the Type to Magnetic – see attached video for an example. In the video, all I am doing is clicking to start and then (roughly) moving (not dragging) the mouse pointer around the shape, then clicking to complete the selection. It’s not as quick as just pressing a key but it’s fairly quick. 2024-04-24 08-35-45.mp4
  13. How far ‘down the tree’ would the indicator be 'valid' for? Would it be just the immediate child layers or any child layer of a child layer of a child layer, etc? For instance, if the example below were the layers, where a dash means a parent-child relationship (layer G is a child of F, which is a child of D, which is a child of C, which is a child of A), and layer G was deactivated, where would the indicator be shown? A - B - C - - D - - - E - - - F - - - - G And what would the people who don’t need/want to see the indicator, for whatever reason, do about it?
  14. Some might say that you dropped a bit of a clanger there, which is no yolk, but the thought doesn’t appeal to me. I think you managed to dodge a bullet but nothing changes much, just another one to put in the family albumen. I think I’ll let this lie now before I go hunting for more eggs-cruciating bell/egg-based puns.
  15. Try the post by Ron P. just before the post where you asked this question.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.