You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Jeff at JSJ Photography

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Interesting observation of a bug that only happens in Chrome browsers. In Chrome, I can only watch one video one time and then I can't watch anymore in that browser session. However, if I open the Affinity training videos up in MS Edge, I can watch all of them. Not sure why Google Chrome limits Affinity videos this way, but I just have to remember this is no longer a problem with the Edge browser.
  2. Interesting observation. In Chrome, I can only watch one video one time and then I can't watch anymore in that browser session. However, if I open the Affinity training videos up in MS Edge, I can watch all of them. Not sure why Google Chrome limits Affinity videos this way, but I just have to remember this is no longer a problem with the Edge browser.
  3. Now that I realize the composition is not at ground/beach level--that makes more sense about the fence! (and rhymes....) Still, if the viewer cannot tell the altitude, it might be better with a beach and water out back--not just concrete above the water. IMHO
  4. Thanks Ron P.! I was able to watch the Serif's tutorials Mask Layers video just ONE time, then tried the Masking vs Clipping Layers but I keep getting an "Affinity Photo for desktop tutorials" page but the video does not render. I tried going back to the Mask Layers video, but now that one won't play either. I tried accessing both videos again with my VPN off, but that also did not solve the problem. Must be a mysterious cookies thing or something wrong with my browser settings/brand. Anyway, I watched the Mask Layers video you sent all the way through and I think this is just the video I needed to complete my project of merging a pair of red-shouldered hawks on separate trees onto one tree so they are not so far apart and look adjacent to each other on the same tree. I've been trying to get the two hawks in the same shot for a couple of years when they visit our yard, but naturally they are never cooperative enough to take their photo together on the same tree...so I can blow it up big for my living room focal point photo artwork. Thanks a ton for your guidance! I'll try to find those same two videos on YouTube next...... ~Jeff at JSJ Photography
  5. I'm new to Affinity Photo, so I was looking for a tutorial to merge two photos--the main reason I bought the product without resorting to Photoshop. The 4 tutorial videos I found do not cover the "merge" topic I'm looking for. There is a tutorial for "Sky Replacement" with a related "Lock children (Masking)" video which looked promising, but I can't get any of the tutorial videos to play--could just be a VPN issue, but still frustrating. Any ideas where I can watch an Affinity Photo video tutorial for merging photos by layer? Thanks!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.