You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hilltop

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. It's three weeks after I submitted the requested Publisher and log files to Serif. It's the first time I sent in such files and as I haven't heard anything back yet, I was wondering: Is there a typical timeline for Serif staff to respond? I also noticed that Lee_T didn't respond to a PM and also that he hasn't been around for a couple of weeks.
  2. Thanks, Mike. Unfortunately, I cannot share the document publicly because all contents are covered by copyrights.
  3. Thanks for getting back to me, Mike. It's a standalone document, not an Affinity Book. So, this is not something that occurs often. Makes it perhaps even more difficult to sort out. I hope Affinity staff will chime in as I put a lot of work into it!
  4. This strange story continues: I managed, it seems, miraculously to enter some ten new topics and then the app crashed again. The funny thing is that the ten topics and respective markers are all gone now! All the previous topics are still there. I checked a previous incremental safe (including the ten new topics) and it didn't have them either. Makes me wonder whether there's a maximum number of topics (and markers) that can be created.... Anyone having any ideas?
  5. After working fine when adding hundreds of topics to the index of a book of some 270 pages I'm putting together, Publisher has started to crash while adding a new topic from the Index Panel. Also when I try by adding a marker in the text, the program crashes. Interestingly, I'm able to add occurrences of words to existing topics and edit the existing topics. So, I have a big problem because I've quite a few topics to add to the index. Is this a known issue? What can be done about it? I'm on Windows 10 Pro and Affinity Publisher 2.4.0
  6. So simple once you know it. I must have been doing something wrong each time. But I'm getting the hang of it. Thank you, Mike!
  7. Thanks for helping me out, Mike. If that's the case, I must be doing something wrong. Can you tell me how to do this, step by step? As I mentioned in another thread, I still have difficulty with setting the character style and have it fall under paragraph style. I did read your expert guide.
  8. Guys, I'm talking about the index, not the TOC, and I think formatting is done differently there. At least I don't succeed in formatting the entry and page numbers separately.
  9. I would like the index entries with topic names to be bold and the page numbers to be regular. That works by using Initial Words in the Style Panel as long as I set it to one word because when I set it to two or more (some entries consist of more than one word), the bold setting spill over into the numbers next to it. I selected an End Character in Initial Words and tried to enter it behind the topic names but that doesn't seem to work. Is there a way to achieve what I'm after?
  10. Seeing the section with the pink numbering, the penny dropped: Initial Words! That solved my issue. Thanks so much!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.